Inquiry Overview Refocus - The Big Picture

by - 02:27


It's the beginning of Term 3, so where to from here? ...

In our COL meeting, I had some particularly robust discussions with a fellow COL colleague Heather, around the slide decks and focus questions from both Russell and Rebecca.  In addition, we talked very broadly about wider implications of our learners and their whanau.  The implications in a learning sense within our school environments, as well as external factors that influence the value systems and societal structures that have both a direct and indirect impact on our learners and their lives.

The discussions were meaningful and extremely challenging.  Challenging in terms of the current climate.  Challenging in terms of current practices that I can change, as well as practices that I have no or limited influence over.  And so, part of my current reflections have included the following ...

  • What am I doing that is positively impacting on learning on a societal scale?  What can I do to positively impact on learning on a societal scale?
  • What am  I doing that is positively impacting on learning at a structural level?  What can I do to positively impact on learning at a structural level?
  • What am I doing that is positively impacting on learning at a student level?  What can I do to positively impact on learning at a student level?
  • What do I need to adapt or change?  What needs to remain the same?
Unraveling the various areas within my Inquiry, is enabling me to clarify the purpose of the different areas, and refocus each area to be meaningful, effective and collectively contribute back into a constructive and overarching goal that I have which is to accelerate achievement using visible teaching and learning; essentially VTaL!




You May Also Like

0 Comments