Workspaces - New Stuff

by - 13:59

Ok so maybe the title isn't exactly accurate in that the new stuff in Workspaces, isn't actually new stuff ... but it's new stuff to me.  I'm talking about the ability to organise information in sections within Workspaces.  I've known that the section partition was an upgrade from a few months back, I just hadn't applied it to any new Workspaces, as I'd been making copies of the existing Workspaces I'd created, and just adapting what I had.

Well, after having a bit of play in creating new Workspaces for JumpStart, so far I like the new sections and what they have to offer.  I've set the Workspace up with a top section, which is general information about the project.  The heading titles are:

  • Column 1 : Project Information - Year 10 DigiTech Project
  • Column 2 : Resources - DigiTech Media Outcomes G+, Year 10 DigiTech G+
  • Column 3 : Evidence - Student Checklist
  • Column 4 : Rubrics - Class Tracking Sheet



The sections below the top section are broken in Activity Levels 1 and 2.  The four columns are organised into:

  • Column 1 : Learning Outcomes
  • Column 2 : Instructions
  • Column 3 : Evidence (that students are expected to complete and submit)
  • Column 4 : Criteria



I can see how the sections can make the Workspaces cleaner for students to access information.  It will be interesting to see what the students have to say about the new setup as well.  The Year 10 classes that I currently teach in JumpStart, also accessed their learning through Workspaces earlier in the year.  I look forward to hearing their feedback.

VTaL Visible Teaching and Learning


The Year 10 Workspaces are embedded into my learning site, DigiTech with Ms Anderson to enable the work to be visible to anyone who views the Workspace.  The VTaL tools that I have incorporated into the sharing of the Year 10 Workspace includes:

  1. Subject Sites - As mentioned, the Workspace is embedded into my subject site
  2. Learning Activities - embedded into column 2 of the activity sections
  3. Tracking Sheets - embedded into column 4 of the top section
  4. Student Checklists - embedded into column 3 of the top section
  5. Calendars with Hyperlinks - located in the Year 10 Calendar page in my subject site
  6. Workspaces - embedded  into my subject site
  7. Subject Communities - link embedded into column 2 of the top section
  8. Student Blogs - student blog learning activities included in column 2 and 3 of the activity sections
The following image links to the Year 10 Workspaces in my subject site.





You May Also Like

0 Comments