BP4 : Evidence, Data and Preliminary Findings - Student Progress during Covid19 Lockdown

by - 02:53

My target group of learners for my Inquiry 2020 will be my Year 11 NCEA Level 1 class. I intend inquiring into the process of using the LearnCoach online programs (content) and VTaL Visible Teaching and Learning (workflow) to accelerate student achievement for Tamaki College students undertaking courses in Digital Technologies NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3.




The following are a range of screenshots of Student Progress for the Year 11 Project Digital Technologies 1.7 & 1.8: Develop a Computer Game, which is worth a total of 10 Level 1 achievement standard credits.  The vast majority of learning activities are preparing the students to be able to complete the assessment task.  The learners watch the relevant LearnCoach video, complete or replicate the task within the LearnCoach video, evidence the task in a screencastify, which the learners then submit for marking.  Once the work is marked, learners can share their completed work into the Year 11 DigiTech Google+ Community (referred to in previous posts).

Student Progress

Student Progress as at 21 May 2020 - The First Day Back Onsite for the Whole School


Student Progress as at 20 May 2020


Student Progress as at 12 May 2020


Student Progress as at 11 May 2020


Student Progress as at 8 May 2020


Student Progress as at 6 May 2020


Student Progress as at 1 May 2020


Student Progress as at 29 April 2020


Student Progress as at 24 April 2020


Student Progress as at 22 April 2020


Student Progress as at 20 April 2020


Student Progress as at 17 April 2020


Student Progress as at 16 April 2020


Student Progress as at 27 March 2020


Student Progress as at 26 March 2020


Student Progress as at 25 March 2020


Student Progress as at 22 March 2020 - The Day Before Alert Level 3 is Announced





EDIT:
Student Progress and Reflection
  1. Please read the following blog post about Student Progress for this project
  2. Please write 3-4 sentences into the blog post comments, to explain what you will do, to shift from the current task that you are on, to the Aqua section in the Class Tracking Sheet.  This could include ideas for what you will do during class time, at home, who you will get help from (teacher, peers, others etc), the resources that you could access and use to get help etc.
  3. Please keep your comments positive and constructive.  You should not put yourself down, you need to be talking positively about how to lift yourself up.  For example:  I will ...
  4. Please publish your comment.

You May Also Like

20 Comments

  1. I am going to ask miss for help so i can move on to the next tasks because i think i started off good and im happy with what i started with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that you are very confident at asking me for help which is a really positive attribute in terms of moving forward with your work, so I would like you to continue to do this. Please let me know if you would like me to offer extra time during lunch times, in T2, to use the Macs, and continue working on tasks.

      Delete
  2. My goals towards getting to the aqua section will be, using the online resources available, that means going onto the google plus community and looking at my classmates work they provided for others to understand. I will ask my teacher for help If I'm still unsure on what I'm doing and If the instructions are still not clear enough for me to understand. I will power through the tasks needed to get to the aqua section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that you will get up to date as well Paris. Once you know how to complete tasks, you generally set about getting the tasks done. Please let me know if you would like me to offer extra time during lunch times, in T2, to use the Macs, and continue working on tasks.

      Delete
  3. I will like to improve my work by understanding, and when i'm stuck i'd like to speak up and ask the teacher or my mates for help, don't be shy to ask but speak up for help. also whatever task you or I are struggling with there will be learncoach and google+ which can be always helpful through the task you are struggling with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely like to encourage you to continue asking me for help if you get stuck. Please let me know if you would like me to offer extra time during lunch times, in T2, to use the Macs, and continue working on tasks.

      Delete
  4. I will use google plus, learn coach and the contract 3 tutorial to help me in my learning of making a game. And if theres any issues during this process I will ask my teacher or a friend to help me or ill go on google plus and look at all the examples that the students have posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen you follow this process in class before, and it works well for you and the way that you like to learn. Please let me know if you would like me to offer extra time during lunch times, in T2, to use the Macs, and continue working on tasks.

      Delete
  5. I'm gonna ask miss for help because I don't know what I'm doing and so I can catch up with my classmates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To locate the LearnCoach tutorials for Create a Game: Log into LearnCoach > Click on Internals > 1.7 and 1.8 Create a Game > Locate the task that you are up to. Also, open the evidence file in the 1.7 and 1.8 Create a Game Workspace in the Student Dashboard. Please let me know if you would like me to offer extra time during lunch times, in T2, to use the Macs, and continue working on tasks.

      Delete
  6. How do I open/find my work on construct 3 that I had started already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well there is two simple and easy ways of accessing it!,
      First; you open construct on your browser it should open up to a page, there should be 4 big tabs in front of you "New Project" "Cloud" "Browse" and "File".
      Click on "Cloud" by doing this it will open a small page on the screen asking to "select a service" select one of the 3 services that you saved your work/started work in (Dropbox ,One Drive and Google Drive) Now all you do is scroll down and find your work!.
      Now the second way.
      If you didn't save you're work to your drive but to your computer/desktop. All you do is go to "File" it should open the files in the computer, all you do now is go to either "downloads" or "desktop" and you should find your work there!.

      sorry for the long explanation, I did it so it can be more clear as to what i was referring to!.

      Delete
  7. When starting off, it seems to hard for me to understand how to create a Game on Construct 3. But now, it going great and understanding a lot more better. By using Learn Coach, it very, very useful for starter like me. Using my spear time, working it on Learn Coach and completing every slide deck drove me this far. And I'm so happy about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear. Please let me know if you would like any specific help or feedback on a task. Also, please let me know if you would like me to offer extra time during lunch times, in T2, to use the Macs, and continue working on tasks.

      Delete
  8. On the Class Tracking Sheet, I'm two tasks away from the Aqua Section (Statements of Intent). So what I'm going to do is that I will try my best to finish off the last two tasks. If I need help for the last two tasks, I will asked my teacher Mrs. Anderson and use the resources like Learn Coach and Construct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds correct in terms of where you are up to with your work. Yes, I'd like to encourage you to continue asking for help if you get stuck on a task. Please let me know if you would like me to offer extra time during lunch times, in T2, to use the Macs, and continue working on tasks.

      Delete
  9. I will start offering optional lunch time catch up sessions twice a week in T2, to enable students to have access to the hardware, software and internet, to complete tasks. I will send out a calendar invitation for learners, to notify them of the catchup sessions, as also so that I know who to expect. These sessions will be on Mondays and Tuesdays, starting from next week.

    ReplyDelete