BP5 : Academic or Professional Reading 1 | Collaborative strategies for teaching reading comprehension

by - 19:41


My target group of learners for my Inquiry 2020 will be my Year 11 NCEA Level 1 class. I intend inquiring into the process of using the LearnCoach online programs (content) and VTaL Visible Teaching and Learning (workflow) to accelerate student achievement for Tamaki College students undertaking courses in Digital Technologies NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3.




The following is an excerpt from the Professional Reading 



Although this particular reading focussed around collaborative strategies for teaching reading comprehension, I can see the benefit of some of these strategies to assist learners with developing a better understanding of assessment tasks and assessment requirements.  This can be achieved with having clear, concise 'Checklists', as outlined in the first section highlighted in yellow "Checklists, rating scales, and rubrics, developed with colleagues and in some cases with students in advance of instruction or early in the lesson, establish the criteria for post lesson assessment".

I often provide students with Student Checklists to enable students to submit evidence for assessments.  I will do this with my Target Group of Learners for my Inquiry 2020, and gain feedback from the students on the Student Checklists in terms of determining it's usefulness to the learners.

You May Also Like

0 Comments