BP 8 : The specific change I want to bring about in student learning

by - 00:52

Briefly restate the specific change you want to bring about in student learning and the evidence used to select that focus

My target group of learners for my Inquiry 2020 will be my Year 11 NCEA Level 1 class. I intend inquiring into the process of using the LearnCoach online programs (content) and VTaL Visible Teaching and Learning (workflow) to accelerate student achievement for Tamaki College students undertaking courses in Digital Technologies NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3.


From inquiring into the Student Voice that I collated through discussions, and also through student comments, both forms of feedback indicated 

  • that learners did not necessarily understand the formative feedback that I was providing them with in order to progress forward in their learning; or, 
  • that they didn't understand why I was asking them to share their work, and through the sharing process, reflecting on the task, would give them a greater understanding of the work.

Therefore the specific change that I want to bring about in student learning is 'Student Understanding'.  The way that I intend focussing on Student Understanding, is by inquiring into learning interventions to support the following:

  1. Comprehension - levels of support required for task completion of assessment tasks
  2. Meeting Assessment Criteria - outcome or impact of pace of task completion for Technical Skills Tasks, and levels of support required to complete assessment tasks, and how these combine to maintain engagement in meeting assessment deadlines 

You May Also Like

0 Comments