BP9 : Implementation of your changed practices/intervention using DLOs

by - 20:35

 

Describe how you will collect information about the implementation of your changed practices/intervention (so it is clear what you doing differently)

My target group of learners for my Inquiry 2020 will be my Year 11 NCEA Level 1 class. I intend inquiring into the process of using the LearnCoach online programs (content) and VTaL Visible Teaching and Learning (workflow) to accelerate student achievement for Tamaki College students undertaking courses in Digital Technologies NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3.


Prior to Level 3 lockdown I attended the Manaiakalani Leaders Meeting.  One of the presentations during the meeting was Student-Design-for-Learning by Naomi Rosedale.  I was really intrigued by the use of DLOs by students, to articulate their learning in the manner in which they were doing at a secondary school level.

My learners were already used to developing Screencastifies to provide of certain aspects of their work.  The change in practice and intervention that I have implemented recently with my target group, is that they will produce a screencastify at the end of end module within an achievement standard, to demonstrate what they had learnt within that module.  I integrated the Screencastify task at the end of each module or section of work within the Workspace for the Assessment.  The workspace can be accessed by clicking on the image below.




The following is an example of how Olever is creating Screencastifies as DLOs in this assessment.

1 Introduction to Web Design


Create a screencastify to show all of the tasks that you have completed for the 1 Introduction to Web Design section.


1 Introduction to Web Design




Identify informal & formal ways you are monitoring the effects of your changed practices/intervention on learner outcomes.  Explain the reflections and tweaks you are making along the way (Don’t wait to the end of your inquiry cycle and find it didn’t work)

The way in which I will be able to monitor the effects of my changed practice, is by the Class Tracking Sheet within the workspace.  The tracking sheet will enable myself and the learners to identify, who has completed the screencastifies for each section.  The screencastifies themselves, will enable me to see whether the student was able to demonstrate their understanding of the work in the DLOs that they created, and the depth of understanding.



You May Also Like

0 Comments