BP3 : Tools/Measures/Approaches

by - 17:26

Describe the tools/measures/approaches you plan to use to get a more detailed and accurate profile of students’ learning in relation to that challenge. Justify why you chose these approaches and tools.

My target group of learners for my Inquiry 2021 will be my Year 12 NCEA Level 2 class. This group of learners were my target group from my 2020 Inquiry.


The tools that I plan to use to get a more detailed and accurate profile of students' learning in relation to the challenge, includes both the Explanation Writing Poster for Digital Technologies, as well as the Academic Writing Slidedeck; both resources that I produced in collaboration with Marc Milford.



The reason that I would like to use the Explanation Writing Poster for Digital Technologies, is because it includes colour coded examples within the poster of various types of Writing Features, which students could potentially use and follow within their own writing tasks.  The students can also use this tool, to improve their understanding of reading materials that include a lot of new and technical vocabulary, such as Assessment Tasks.





The reason that I would like to use the Academic Writing Slidedeck, is because it also includes colour coded examples within the slides, and explanations of different levels of SOLO Taxonomy, that relates to a Digital Technologies outcome, which students should be able to relate to in this subject.  The examples of the different of SOLO Taxonomy, should enable students to develop their literacy and writing skills in alignment with the exemplars that have been provided.







You May Also Like

0 Comments