BP4 : Evidence, Data and Preliminary Findings - Teaching Strategies

by - 13:58


Begin to collect evidence and data  and come to the next session ready to share your preliminary findings about the nature and extent of the student challenge i.e. using your baseline student data and evidence

My target group of learners for my Inquiry 2020 will be my Year 11 NCEA Level 1 class. I intend inquiring into the process of using the LearnCoach online programs (content) and VTaL Visible Teaching and Learning (workflow) to accelerate student achievement for Tamaki College students undertaking courses in Digital Technologies NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3.



Evidence from Teaching Strategies

The following is a slide deck of teaching strategies that I applied with those in my target who attended class online in a particular lesson last week.  I have gained feedback in a hangout session with Technology teachers about the strategies that I applied to that session.  I need to reflect back on the feedback, and that particular teaching segment, to help identify preliminary findings about the nature and extent of the student challenge.





Evidence from Kamar


In order to track the formative feedback of where each of our learners is tracking 'within' standards, I have established a DGT - Student Standard Data Update 2020 Sheet.  The sheet includes information about the learner including gender, ethnicity etc.  It often enables me to conduct discussions with students relating to career interests and pathways, as well as where they have come from if they are new to the school.  The sheet shows the standards that a student is entered into.  The main difference being that colour codes can be applied to the sheet to indicate which standard is being work on, and where about in the standard that the student is at.











EDIT: During the lockdown period, I had planned an activity for my Year 11 students, to comment on how they felt about me inquiring into their learning.  The activity involved the students reading through the above blog post, and answering the following question, and publish the response as a blog comment.

How do you feel, as a learner, that I am inquiring into your class, to help you and your class to achieve?

You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. It feels great having Mrs. Anderson in my class. She’s been helping out us students to learn in the best way we want to learn. She’s really good at explaining the work when we don’t understand during our classes and I’m very glad to have her as my DigiTech teacher to help me get my NCEA Level 1 credits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Olever, I'm really pleased to know that you've found me to be helpful towards both yours and your peers learning. That's exactly what I should be doing to support your learning, so I am glad that my support is working for you :)

      Delete